Saturday, May 15, 2010

Orientation

Orientation has flown by! Everything went smoothly with arrival in Bulgaria. The Peace Corps is really efficient at training and I've been very impressed will all of the staff. We have been staying at a resort in the mountains since Wednesday. Bulgaria is incredibly beautiful!!! I got my site placement yesterday and I'm so happy about how it worked out...I'm in a village of 700 people called Pudria that is about 20 km from Vratsa. Our language trainer's name is Momchil and he's the one that I've had for all of our sessions here at orientation. He's young, very enthusiastic, and it's his first time to work for the peace corps. I think that he is going to be really great about spending time with us and he will definitely give his best. And it's fun to be someone's first group. There are 4 other Peace Corps volunteers who will be in the same village and we have a solid group! I travel to my training site today and get to meet my host family for the first time! I'm nervous, but also really excited.

2 comments:

  1. Looked up your village on the internet. Can't wait to see pictures! I mailed your camera connector this week. Praying for your language learning to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney!
    I love hearing about the unknown nervousness we all kind of held onto for you is finally known! ha:) This news sounds great, and (no surprise) God is so faithful and so good. I hope your host family becomes your own in a way and the language is slipping off your tongue like familiar madness:D love you!
    -Janna

    ReplyDelete