Thursday, April 15, 2010

First Steps


Hello Friends! I hope that this blog will be a helpful way for us to keep in touch while I am in Bulgaria for the next 27 months. I am starting to feel the immenence of leaving. No day is quite normal for me anymore because each one involves a "last time to..." or a "before I leave I need to..." Every date between now and April 30th is swimming around in my head, full of its own importance and necessary activity. I've started to sort the apartment into 4 piles: things for California, items to give my parents, stuff to sell, and belongings that will travel to Bulgaria. I love the thought of owning only two bags of stuff (each less than 50 lbs)! But, the saddness of leaving a place that I love is starting to hit me too.

5 comments:

  1. So excited about this, Whit! And the title of your blog is simply inspired! Love it and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got great advice a few times as we were packing up to leave, and the best was "take musical instruments not clothes." Luckily music is up our alley and we´re glad we followed that advice. Take just enough to keep your heart content on the tough days and not so much you burden yourself when opportunity knocks. PWishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are excited for you Whitney. You are and will continue to be in our hearts and prayers as you travel this leg of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smiled when I read of your sadness in leaving Sixth Street, a place that you love. I remember the early days there and how God grew you through trials. He has prepared you well for the next venture. My prayers are with you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are excited for you too. You will be in our thoughts and prayers as you prepare and as God uses you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete